|Age:|| (At Death) 50
|Affiliation:||Wishita Military Base|
|Voice actor:||Allen Wenger|
|“||That's nonsense. We analyzed everybody who ever came near that thing and they all checked out fine. Don't you see? If it was the artifact, then we'd all be radiated and we'd all have "powers."||”|
– John skeptical of the Artifact being the cause of Lucas' vision
John Kane is a character in Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy, a government scientist who worked at the Wishita Military Base to research and study a Chroma Artifact alongside his wife, Mary Kane, where the two resided on base with their two sons, Markus and Lucas Kane.
When Mary became pregnant with their second son, Lucas, she continued working and her unborn child became irradiated by the Artifact and caused him to recieve supernatural powers. The couple got into an argument one day over the speculation Lucas may be different due to the Artifact but John refused to believe it. Two decades later, John and Mary would be involved in a car accident that would claim their lives, leading the usually close brothers to drift apart.
- John and his wife are never seen ingame, with the exception of the photograph and the flashback scene where his shadow is cast along the floor.
- Some sources give his name as Joseph A. Kane. This name was abandoned and replaced before the game's release.
- Lucas states it's been ten years since their parent's death, making the game's present year 2009.
- This makes the game four years into the future from when Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy was released, which was 2005.
- There is a discrepancy in the game: in Lucas' apartment there is an old family photograph, however the icon that appears related to it is a wedding photograph.
- The couple in the wedding photo is likely of John and Mary Kane. Since the only love interest mentioned for Lucas is his ex-girlfriend and Markus is a Roman Catholic priest, it's likely the photo is of their parents.
- ↑ Indigo Prophecy Character Profiles - Markus and Jade at GameSpot.
- ↑ Indigo Prophecy Character Profiles - Lucas Kane at GameSpot.